No gif ‘cause I deleted all my Jack gifs already
I just want to make another admin post
I know, there’s been a lot latelyto make sure that everyone’s up to date on what’s happening. Today is the last day of St. Mary’s: Generation 2. Tomorrow, we will be switching to Gen. 3. That means that if you plan on joining Gen. 3 tomorrow, you must let us know immediately. It’s okay if you don’t have your account by tomorrow, but we must know if you’ll be joining, and who you’ll be joining as. After tomorrow afternoon, any Gen. 2 members who didn’t let us know what they were planning on doing will be required to fully apply, para sample and all. So, I highly suggest letting us know your plans.
Thank you to everyone who’s stuck with us. You guys are like a family to me now, and I can’t wait to start over with a new generation with you guys.
For the last time on this blog,
xoxo, Admin C
Alright, I know you guys have seen enough admin notes in the past week or so to make you want to slap us all, but this one’s to make sure we’re all still on the same page for what’s happening.
- As you’ve heard a thousand times before, we need fc’s you’re planning on writing or playing. But this post isn’t going to be me talking all about Gen 3. I’m going to suggest you go here, here, or here for anything related to that.
- What I’m here to do is give you guys an outline for this week's tasks. So let's do this.
- Monday: We’re going to start the week off with a way to tie up all your Gen 2 feels in one. Reflection Day. This is exactly what it sounds like, a reflection. Most of the students have been here long enough to have made friends, done somethings they’re never going to forget, and learned new things. We want you to write a journal, self para, or some type of character reflection about their time at SMA so far.
- Tuesday: Post-graduation Year 1. Today you can write a journal, self para, etc. about what your character is doing a year after the graduate from SMA. Write about their first day at college or whatever your character decided to do their first year out of high school. If they’re in college include details like roommates, classes, what they’re majoring in? If they’re doing anything else, then what are they doing?
- Wednesday: Post-graduation Year 10: It’s been ten years since your character has graduated from SMA. Where are they now? Do they have a job? How about a spouse or girlfriend? Where are they currently living? Do they keep in touch with anyone from high school or have they found new friends? Write about it in a journal, self para, etc. (Don’t forget the ages of all the characters at the time as well)
- Thursday: Family Day: Your character is all grown up and has started a family. Write about that. Do they have a spouse? Any kids yet? Are there any funny stories about the kids? Where are they living? How’s their financial situation? Don’t be afraid to go into detail on this one. It’ll also help if you’re writing bios for their children.
- Friday: This day’s pretty much a free for all day. Today you can continue posting stories of your character all grown up, post pictures, rp as an older version of your character, and set up the account for your Gen 3 character. I would suggest the last one since we are opening Saturday May 3rd, 2014.
Well, that’s about it. If anything else comes up that we have to tell you about, you’ll get another lovely admin post! We hope you all enjoy this week’s tasks and are excited for the opening of Gen 3. See you on the dash.
- Admin Kae
Just a quick little note, because I realized we’ve been horribly bad with the transition to Gen. 3. The link to the Gen. 3 blog is right here, officially. There is a fairly current FC masterlist on the blog, and the full plot is there as well. Below the cut, I’ll be putting the bio format for everyone who wants to write bios for the children of Gen. 2 characters. Please note that Gen. 3 bios will also be written in an interview format, i.e. answer the questions in first person.
Also, Gen. 2 members will not have to reapply unless it’s for a character written by one of the admins. In that case, it’ll be the same process as picking up a new character during Gen. 2. You’ll just have to write a para sample, You all are free to write OC characters, so long as they are only children of Gen. 2 characters. We’ll open up OCs to non-family characters in the future, but for now, we want to keep the amount of member written bios to a minimum. We don’t want to end up with 200+ characters again, because most of them won’t be taken.
One last thing. For Gen. 3, we’ll be implementing a new activity rule. For the first five days after applying/picking up a new character, you will be expected to be active every single day. If not, the admins have to right to reopen your character. After those five days are up, it’ll go back to the five day rule that’s been around since the very beginning of St. Mary’s. So, please do keep active!
St. Mary’s: Generation 3 officially opens May 3rd, when we will be accepting any applications that we receive. Until then, Gen. 2 will continue on as normal. The last three days, however, will be a bit of a future event. More details for that will be coming out in the next couple days.
xoxo, Admin C
It’s probably a good thing you asked because I’m sure one of us would have completely forgotten to link it when it was time to make the change. It’s not officially open yet, but we have started posting bios so that people could see the plot, bios, and all the hard work that went into the page. You can find the blog over here [ x ] I hope you’re as excited for it as we are!
- Admin Kae
A really quick but even more important note!!
As we announced not so long ago St. Mary’s: Generation 2 will come to an end soon, (read more about it here) so we can start a new generation of SMA. There’s an important change though — we moved the opening date so SMA Gen. 3 opens on May 3rd.
What else should you know?
- So once again, the opening date of Gen 3 is May 3rd (Saturday) just write it up in your calendar and in your phone because it’s important.
- We start posting bios for Gen. 3 on Sunday (April 27th)
- That also means if you would like your character to have children in Gen. 3, then please submit their bios and FCs before the opening date (May 3rd) — the sooner the better, to be honest. We really need them ASAP so that we can get as many bios posted right away.
- Of course, we won’t just shut down Gen. 2 without a final event. It will last from Monday to Thursday (April 28th - May 2nd) so we can give a proper goodbye. More details about it later.
That’s all for now. If you have any concerns, just message us.
xx, Admin E
Admin Note: Welcome to St. Mary’s, Ellen! We’re happy to have you join the family, especially since you’re a GMT timezoner. Admin B & E are very excited about that. Please send in your account and aim within 24 hours. Can’t wait to have you officially join us! — Admin C
1. My name’s Ellen. I’m 17 years old and my timezone is GMT+1.
2. I’ll be available to roleplay every other day, for 2 hours or more.
3. My desired character is Justin Bower.
You have approached our 5 day post activity period and must post or message the main to prevent receiving a second warning.
You have already received a warning and must message the main or post with your account to not have your role reopened.
These roles have been re-opened as a result of inactivity or if a roleplayer has decided to relinquish the role. Please unfollow the following blogs. Names that are not links have been deleted.
These roles have been filled since the last activity check. Please be sure you are following these character blogs:
CURRENT PERMISSION SLIPS
These characters have contacted the admins regarding a break from the roleplay for personal reasons and are expected to return to their roles:
- Kyle Montgomery (TBD)
- AJ Bowen (TBD)
- Steven DeMarco (4/23)